Dexa Scan Price in India
Dexa Scan or Dual X-ray Absorptiometry is a test for assessing bone density. Bones form an extremely important part of our body. Without them we cannot expect to be doing even half of our routine tasks everyday. Bones store crucial nutrients like lipids and minerals. They also grant mobility and support to the entire body. Undergoing Dexa scan for safeguarding the health of your bones goes a long way in ensuring you lead a healthy life minus any major diseases that could render you immobile.
Medical infrastructure in our country is only improving by the day. There are more and more diagnostic centers and medical centers coming up offering facility of Dexa scan in different cities across India. Hereby compiled is a list of Dexa scan packages available in India that are enough to help know how healthy your bones are. This list will help you to locate the centers offering Dexa scan nearest to you.
Dexa Scan Cost in Top 7 Cities
- Delhi Dexa Scan Prices
- Mumbai Dexa Scan Prices
- Kolkata Dexa Scan Prices
- Chennai Dexa Scan Prices
- Pune Dexa Scan Prices
- Hyderabad Dexa Scan Prices
- Bengaluru Dexa Scan Prices
This scan enables the doctor to know if you have osteoporosis or are at risk for the same. It entails X-ray of spine and hips. The X-ray exposes these parts to ionizing radiation for producing images of the insides of the body. In case of children undergoing Dexa scan, whole body scanning is done.
Dexa Scan Procedure
Dexa scan starts with the patient lying down on an X-ray table. The detector or scanner is slowly passed over the hip and spine region. The images of these parts are transferred to a computer. Scanner is a machine that produces two X-ray beams, of which one is high energy and the other is low energy. The difference between these 2 scans helps the doctor to measure your bone density. The procedure of Dexa scan lasts anywhere between 10-30 minutes and the patient is asked to remain absolutely still to avoid blurred images.
Why Dexa Scan
Dexa scans are one of the few extremely beneficial imaging modalities. Advantages of this scanning type are as follows:
- Anesthesia is not required - The scanning is possible without administering anesthesia. So people allergic can have a hassle-free test too.
- Painless - Dexa scan is absolutely painless and less time-consuming.
- Highly precise - Dexa scans garner highly precise results and hence, are very reliable in assessing bone loss and chances of developing osteoporosis.
- Measurements based on 3 compartmental model - Assessment of this scan is based on a three compartmental model - total body mineral (from bones), fat-free soft mass and fat tissue mass, rather than two compartment as in most other methods. This makes Dexa scan highly reliable.
- Minimal radiation - Radiation used is nominal. It is one-tenth of that used in a normal X-ray and even lesser than a day's exposure of human body to normal radiation.
- you are a woman below or more than 65 years of age
- you are a woman above 60 years of age and susceptible of getting a fracture after having a fall or meeting with an accident
- you are a smoker
- your weight is below 57kgs
- you are a man nearing 70 years of age
- your family has a history of fractures
- you have a body mass index (BMI) below 19
- you are on a high dose steroid medication
- If you are on calcium supplements, you need to go off them 2 days prior to the test.
- If you are on medication for osteoporosis or osteopenia, you need to stop taking it on the day you undergo this test.
- Make sure to wear loose clothing without metallic accessories. The metallic accessories interfere with the scanning and so need to be taken out before going in.
- Notifying the technician whether you had any hip or back injury is important.
- Do notify your doctor if you are pregnant.
- If you have had an X-ray in previous 7 days using contrast media, then it is not advisable that you undergo Dexa Scan.
All said and done, it is extremely important to take proper care of our bones to be able to have healthy bodies like our forefathers. Their fitness levels in are unmatched. Their diet and healthy lifestyles never gave them any sort of illness or health scare. This is not the case in people of newer generations. People in current times are increasingly seen to be suffering from serious diseases from a younger age thus having to live with a weakened immune system for the rest of their lives. Old people on the contrary, had healthier and bones strong like iron. Having healthier bones and joints is a utopian reality for Gen-Y people. Osteoporosis, arthritis, brittle bones all have become an order of the day all thanks to the stressful lifestyles and unhealthy food habits of people.
The above packages give you a rough idea about Dexa scans available in different cities in India. These packages can be customized according to your needs and requirements. We have compiled the list for the ease of readers. So make an informed decision about the packages with our help. Your health is as precious to us as it is for you.