CBC Test Price in India
Complete Blood Count as the name suggests helps the doctor get an idea about your overall health and detect any possible dangers to it via blood test. Going for regular screening tests such as Complete Blood Count can protect one's health in the long term. It is a very simple way to safeguard your health without a lot of hassle. If you or your family members have been instructed by your doctor to undergo a Complete Blood Count test, then you are at the correct place.
There are many diagnostic centers and medical centers offering facility of Common Blood Count (CBC) test in different cities across India. Hereby compiled is a list of CBC test packages available in India. This list will help you to locate the centers offering Common Blood Count (CBC) tests nearest to you.
CBC Test Cost in Top 7 Cities
- Delhi CBC Test Prices
- Mumbai CBC Test Prices
- Kolkata CBC Test Prices
- Chennai CBC Test Prices
- Pune CBC Test Prices
- Hyderabad CBC Test Prices
- Bengaluru CBC Test Prices
During the test, a small blood sample is drawn from a vein in your arm for analysis. The collected sample is further sent to a laboratory for processing and analytic purposes. In cases of infants, the doctor removes blood sample from the baby's heel and sends it to the laboratory.
Why CBC is Suggested by Doctor?
Complete Blood Count tests are ordered by doctors and surgeons for many different purposes. Few of them are as follows:
- To track progress of a certain disease - Diseases like dengue, leukemia, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis reduce the blood count in one's body. At such times, a CBC test allows the doctors to track the advancement of the disease.
- As part of routine health checkup - CBC is also ordered by doctors as part of routine health checkups for examining well-being and health of a person. Many diagnostic centers and hospitals have this test in their regular health check packages for individuals of every age.
- Diagnostic purposes - The doctor may order a CBC test for ascertaining causes of infections, unexplained tiredness, temperature and bleeding.
- Monitoring stages of treatments through drugs - Medications prescribed during chemotherapy tend to reduce count of white blood cells in one's body. The patient has to take a CBC test on a regular basis for purpose of tracking progress of treatment.
- Causes of bleeding - A CBC test is also useful in assessing reasons behind unexplained and abnormal bleeding in women. It is often ordered in conjunction with a blood smear test, or as a follow up in event of abnormal counts in a CBC.
The doctor may order a Complete Blood Count test for you for getting answers to above queries. Likewise, a CBC test includes results for following variables:
- White Blood Cells (WBC) count - A CBC test measures the amount of white blood cells in one's body. These are the cells that help the body fight against infections and disorders. The amount of blood cells also determines condition of immune system and also the body's response to chemotherapy and radiation in event of cancer treatments. This test also can determine if you are suffering from any autoimmune disorder or bone marrow disorders.
- Red Blood Cells (RBC) count - Red blood cells provide oxygen to the body and help the lungs exhale carbon dioxide. If the count of red blood cells through the CBC test comes low, it indicates condition of anemia in the person. But, if the RBC levels are too high, they may cause the small blood vessels to get blocked, thus obstructing red blood cells from transporting oxygen.
- Platelet count - Platelets are minute blood vessels responsible for blood clotting. A platelet count more than or less than normal necessitates further testing and medication.
- Hemoglobin Count - Hemoglobin is the protein in red-blood cells. A CBC test determines how well supply of oxygen throughout the body is taking place. The red blood cells get their color due to molecules of hemoglobin.
Major Component of CBC / Hemogram
Following values signify components of a CBC.
- WBC : 4,300 and 10,800 cells per cubic millimeter (cmm)
- RBC : between 4.2 to 5.9 million cells per cmm
- Hemoglobin : 13.8 to 17.2 grams per deciliter (g/dL) for men and 12.1 to 15.1 g/dL for women
- Platelet : between 150,000 to 400,000 per cmm
The above packages give you a rough idea about Complete Blood Count (CBC) tests available in different cities across India. We have compiled the list for ease of readers. So make an informed decision about the packages with our help. Your health is as precious to us as it is for you.