Dengue Test Price in India
A dengue test makes the doctor aware if medication for the same needs to be dispensed or not. Rapid globalization, poor town planning, an urge to stay ahead of others in the professional realm and of course unhealthy lifestyles give rise to an unhealthy body. Disorders due to air-borne bacterium and viruses, as a result, rear their ugly heads which leads to an overall weakened immune system and also professional slowdown.
Dengue testing is necessary to know whether the person is suffering from this disease and the medication to be started for curing it. The symptoms this disease carries are similar to malaria and leptospirosis which necessitates going in for laboratory testing for dengue.
Numerous diagnostic centers and hospitals offer packages for dengue tests in India. For your benefit, we have compiled a list of these centers. The list includes names of centers along with prices for dengue screening. Locate one center near your locality after comparing costs.
Dengue Test Cost in Top 7 Cities
- Delhi Dengue Test Prices
- Mumbai Dengue Test Prices
- Kolkata Dengue Test Prices
- Chennai Dengue Test Prices
- Pune Dengue Test Prices
- Hyderabad Dengue Test Prices
- Bengaluru Dengue Test Prices
Dengue testing is of following 4 types: Molecular testing, Complete blood count (CBC) antibody testing, Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA).
- Molecular Testing: Also known as polymerase chain reaction, it is an easy tool for diagnosing genetic diseases.
- Complete blood count (CBC): A Complete Blood Count (CBC) provides information to doctors regarding count of red blood cells, white blood cells and total hemoglobin count. Causes of bleeding, bruising, anemia, fatigue and an unenergetic feeling are ascertained through a Complete blood count (CBC).
- Antibody testing: Antigens, also known as immunogens, are proteins required for nullifying the effect
that foreign substances like viruses and bacteria can have on the body. Immunoglobulin G (IgG) and Immunoglobulin M (IgM)
are the 2 types of antibodies produced by body as a defense mechanism to the virus causing dengue. Such immunoglobins help
doctors detect immunodeficiencies. Amount of antibodies in the body helps the doctor ascertain cause of a certain disease
or infection afflicting the body.
- IgG: This test involves testing immunoglobin G in your blood through a simple blood test. This test provides information to the doctor as to why any infection is relapsing even after treatment. If this test result comes out as positive, then the person is confirmed as suffering from dengue.
- IgM: This test involves detecting immunoglobin M in one's blood which is produced by body for facing infections. If this test comes out negative it means that the person has had dengue before.
- NS1 antigen test: NS1 test is performed using ELISA method that stands for enzyme linked immunosorbent assay. It measures levels of antibodies in your blood. ELISA method diagnoses dengue, HIV-AIDS, syphilis, pernicious anemia etc. NS1 test is either used for screening purposes or ordered in conjunction with other tests for detailed results.
Note:All of the above dengue test types are done through generic blood tests and are simplistic in nature.
The doctor may order a dengue test for you if you display one or multiple of the following symptoms:
- If you have travelled to: South East Asia, South China, India, Caribbean Islands, Africa, Taiwan etc.
- High fever: Abrupt onset of high fever; preferably touching 104 degrees.
- Low platelet count: A low WBC count.
- Aches: Muscle and joint aching.
- Reduced diet due to: Loss of appetite, nauseatic feeling, bouts of vomiting, bouts of diarrhea.
- Aches: In back, eyes, bones and stomach.
- Breathlessness: Drowsiness and difficulty in breathing
Tips to Prevent DengueYou can follow these tips to avoid getting diseased due to the notorious mosquito borne-disease:
- Watch what you wear: Wearing protective clothes covering your body is instrumental in protecting you from mosquito bites. Also avoid tight-fitting and body-hugging dresses.
- Water management: Mosquitoes breed in open water. And so, stored water should be covered properly and prevented from getting infested by mosquitoes.
- Drainage system: Open drainage systems need to be covered in order to avoid mosquitoes from coming in contact with waste from sewage system.
- Using mosquito repellents: Mosquito repellents and mosquito nets can also help ward off menace and danger of getting diagnosed with air-borne diseases like dengue and malaria.
- Avoid crowded areas: Crowded areas like malls, museums, markets and social gatherings attract a large population. Try and avoid such places.
- Flower-pots and fish-ponds: Change the water in flower-pots and fish-ponds at home regularly as they could have mosquito larvae breeding inside.
- Avoid trekking camps: As far as possible, avoid going to over-night camps and treks which have ample scope of exposing you to the danger of mosquito bites. Using camping equipment which will protect you from insects and bites is essential.
The above information is related to dengue test pricing structure of diagnostic centers across India. It is important that you find the most easily accessible diagnostic center in times of your health emergencies through this page.