hCG Pregnancy Test Price in India
There are several tests a woman has to undergo in her pregnancy phase. Beta hCG is one of them. HCG stands for human chorionic gonadotropin. Beta hCG blood test is also referred to as quantitative serial beta hCG test, repeat quantitative beta hCG test and quantitative blood pregnancy test. Tests like these help gynecologists to assess fetal growth and progression of pregnancy. Moreover, a Beta hCG test can also detect certain cancers of lung, breast, kidney, testicles, pancreas etc.
Beta hCG test is currently offered by different diagnostic centers and medical units in different cities across India. Go through this list that contains Beta hCG test rates that will help you locate hospitals and diagnostic centers most accessible for you.
hCG Pregnancy Test Cost in Top 7 Cities
- Delhi hCG Pregnancy Test Prices
- Mumbai hCG Pregnancy Test Prices
- Kolkata hCG Pregnancy Test Prices
- Chennai hCG Pregnancy Test Prices
- Pune hCG Pregnancy Test Prices
- Hyderabad hCG Pregnancy Test Prices
- Bengaluru hCG Pregnancy Test Prices
Procedure of Beta hCG test
Human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone produced by a woman's body during pregnancy. During Beta hCG test, a small blood sample is drawn from a vein in your arm for analysis. In some cases, sample through urine can also be taken. The collected sample is further sent to a laboratory for processing and analytic purposes. In cases of infants, the doctor removes blood sample from the baby's heel and sends it to the laboratory.
Beta hCG tests are ordered by doctors and surgeons for different purposes. Few of them are as follows:
- Pregnancy: This test can be used to confirm pregnancy.
- Molar pregnancy: A beta HCG test is helpful in finding a molar pregnancy.
- Miscarriage: Possible cases of miscarriage can be detected through a beta hCG test.
- Early diagnosis of cancer: A beta hCG test not only helps in diagnosing, but also tracking the person's response to treatment of gestational trophoblastic disease, testicular cancer and ovarian tumors.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Rare pregnancy complications like ectopic pregnancy wherein the fertilized egg plants itself outside uterus, can be diagnosed using a Beta hCG test.
- Defects in unborn baby: Congenital birth defects and abnormalities in fetus can be detected through Beta hCG test at an early stage of pregnancy.
- Down syndrome: Beta hCG tests are useful to determine if the fetus can be diagnosed with Down syndrome.
- Age: Exact age of unborn baby can be determined through a beta hCG test.
Few points to be kept in mind before going in for the Beta hCG test:
- Medications: Make sure to discuss medications you are on before taking the test or deciding the date for your test.
- Anticoagulants: Being on anticoagulants for preventing blood clotting can also alter results.
- Time of taking the test: Remember that if you go for this test in a very early stage of your pregnancy, the results are bound to come inaccurate.
- Hormonal changes: Taking the quantitative beta hCG test repeatedly for observing hormonal changes is necessary.
- Inaccurate results: At times the hCG test also can indicate pregnancy, even when the woman is not pregnant.
- Estimates: It is not a reason of concern if your hCG levels do not match the statistics depicting normal levels. Woman deliver healthy babies even when the estimated figures do not match the results.
- Miscarriage: HCG results stay higher than normal for over 4 weeks if you have undergone miscarriage.
- Vitamin supplements: You are advised not to take multivitamins or vitamin supplements.
- Infertility injections: Infertility injections may also shoot up your results by several levels.
- Normal hCG levels in women are less than 5.0 mIU/ml
- High levels of HCG may mean that you would deliver triplets or twins
- A low HCG level can mean a miscarriage or related fetal complications
- In a woman who is not pregnant, low HCG levels could mean development of cancerous and non cancerous tumors. Low HCG levels also could spell possibility of liver, lungs and pancreatic cancers.
This page gave you a rough idea about Beta hCG tests available in different cities across India. The test rates are also compiled for readers convenience.