Dengue Test Cost in Hyderabad
Dengue test is recommended by doctor to patients who are facing likely symptoms of dengue after being exposed to environment where mosquitoes breed in abundance. The test confirms presence of dengue as symptoms of dengue are quite similar to that of malaria- another disease caused by mosquitoes. If you are a resident of Hyderabad and looking for a diagnostic center where dengue test is available, then you are on the right page. We have enlisted medical centers in Hyderabad city were you can get the test done. Choose a center which is near to you. Prices of the test might vary slightly.
Following are the Dengue Test centers from most reputed pathology / radiology labs in Hyderabad.
Virinchi Hospital (Banjara Hills)
Virinchi Hospitals, Virinchi Circle, Shyam Rao Ngr., Rd. No.12&1, Near Pension Office
Area: Banjara Hills [Hyderabad] - 34
Care Hospital (Secunderabad)
Near Clock Tower, Market Street
Area: Secunderabad [Hyderabad] - 03
Preethi Diagnostic Center
Asif Ngr. Rd., Mehdipatnam
Area: Mehdipatnam [Hyderabad] - 28
Elbit Diagnostics (Banjara Hills)
H.No.703, Amrutha Valley Apartments, 8-2-703, Road Number 12, Amrutha Estate, Bhola Ngr.
Area: Banjara Hills [Hyderabad] - 34
SL Diagnostic Center (Meerpet)
Sagameshwara Nelayam, Opp. T.K.R. College, Meerpet,
Area: Kothapet [Hyderabad] - 35
040-6672-3901 | 9100184471
Medquest SL Diagnostics
Plot No. 7 & 8, Gnd. Flr., Lumbini Avenue
Area: Gachibowli [Hyderabad] - 32
Exo Path Labs (Kukatpally)
Insight Tower, MIG 1-167, Rd. #1, KPHB Colony
Area: Kukatpally [Hyderabad] - 72
Credence Diagnostics Center - Hyderabad
Home sample pick up available all over the city. Our address Unit D-4, Industrial Estate, Moula Ali, Hyderabad - 500040, Near Coca Cola Factory
Area: Hyderabad - 40
Area: Serilingampally [Hyderabad] - 19
Venkateshwara Swamy Temple Street, Behind BATA Showroom
Area: Chanda Nagar [Hyderabad] - 37
040-2303-1720- | 040-2303-0793
Dengue is not a contagious disease. When a mosquito bites a person who is infected by dengue, then the dengue causing virus enters into the mosquito. If the same mosquito bites another healthy individual, that person gets infected by dengue. Chances of dengue increase if you are living in tropical areas as the weather favors mosquito breeding.
Dengue test is a simple blood test. You don't have to follow any parameters or rules before the test. Reports collected will be analyzed for the presence of antibodies.
To detect dengue, generally two types of tests are performed:
- Antibody Test - The test is used to detect production of two different antibodies, IgG and IgM. Body produces these antibodies in order to combat dengue infection.
- Molecular Test - The test detects presence of genetic material of dengue virus in blood.
Positive report of tests confirm detection of dengue in your body. If you are detected positive with dengue, proper treatment and care should be implemented to curb symptoms of dengue.
Symptoms of dengue are:
- Sudden high fever that goes upto 40 degree Celsius or 104 degree Fahrenheit
- Severe head ache
- Pain behind the eyes
- Pain in joints and muscles
- Decrease in count of white blood cells
- Bleeding of nose and gums
- Easy bruising
If above mentioned symptoms persist for a long time, it is time to consult a doctor.
Tips to prevent dengue:
- Keep your surroundings clean
- Do not store water for several days
- Spray insect repellent chemicals to keep mosquitoes at bay
- Eat diet rich in vitamin C as it increases immune power. Foods like amla (Indian Gooseberry), oranges, guava etc. are rich sources of vitamin C.
- Exercise on regular basis
- Avoid going to areas where there are heaps of garbage that attract mosquitoes