KFT / RFT Price in India
Kidney function test is used to detect kidney disorders that create problem for excreting toxins from the body. Kidneys are vital organs of our body. They resemble the shape of beans. They lie in the posterior region of abdomen below the rib cage. Kidneys not only play an important role in filtering out waste material from our body, but also help in regulating cellular functions and maintaining required percentage of water in the body.
Kidney disorders are on rise; especially in the population that is living in urban areas. Unhealthy eating habits, consuming too much of aerated drinks and alcohol and less of essential fluids and water, take a toll on kidney functioning. Dehydration; especially is havoc for kidney and urinary system. To diagnose kidney related disorders, many diagnostic centers offer the facility of kidney function test. Cost of these tests may vary from city to city. Here, is the list of medical centers that offer kidney function test at affordable prices across cities in India.
KFT / RFT Cost in Top 7 Cities
- Delhi KFT / RFT Prices
- Mumbai KFT / RFT Prices
- Kolkata KFT / RFT Prices
- Chennai KFT / RFT Prices
- Pune KFT / RFT Prices
- Hyderabad KFT / RFT Prices
- Bengaluru KFT / RFT Prices
Kidney malfunction symptoms:
Before understanding kidney function tests, let us first have a look at symptoms revealed by malfunctioning of kidney.
- Samples of blood in the urine
- Difficulty in beginning urination
- Pain while urinating
- Frequent urges to urinate
- Swelling of the hands and feet
- Fluid retention
- Loss of appetite
- High blood pressure
- Feeling of lethargy and being more tired than usual
These symptoms may occur alone or in combination. If these indications persist for long period of time, it is better to not delay your appointment with a nephrologist (doctor who specializes in treating kidney related disorders).
Some of the steps that can be followed to reduce chances of kidney diseases are:
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of water and fluids like coconut water, fruit juices etc. If drinking plain water becomes boring, you can add some flavor to it by infusing herbs like mint, basil etc. into a jar of water.
- Reduce intake of alcohol
- Quit smoking
- Avoid consuming too much of spicy food
- Exercise not only keeps you fit, but also helps to strengthen excretory system of body
- Consume foods which are rich in fiber like cucumber, carrots, green leafy vegetables etc.
- Fiber helps in formation of bowels thereby eliminating waste products from the body.
Types of kidney function tests with procedure
Kidney function tests are not complicated ; they are simple urine and blood tests that help to diagnose renal diseases. Several types of kidney diagnostic tests are available. Here is the list of few common types of kidney function tests:
- Urinalysis: Urinalysis test reveals the amount of blood and protein present in urine. It is not mandatory that all kidney disorders cause tiny amounts of protein to leak into urine. It may happen because of infection as well as high intensity workout. Hence, to confirm the analysis, urinalysis test is conducted again after few weeks to confirm the result.
- Blood Urea Nitrogen Test (BUN Test): Urea nitrogen is a byproduct of synthesis reaction of protein.
BUN test measures the amount of
waste products and nitrogen found in the blood. If test report reveals BUN level between 7
and 20 mg/dL, then you need not worry as any level between this
range is considered to be normal. If the report shows BUN
level to be higher than 20 mg/dL, then it is not considered to be safe. However, it is important
to note that high intake
of certain medications like aspirin and antibiotics may interfere with the procedure and accurate results may not be
Hence, it is important that you let your doctor know about these medications in advance before appearing for BUN test. BUN is a simple blood test wherein sample of blood is drawn from the vein in the arm. A nurse may tie a tight elastic band around your upper arm to increase flow of blood to the veins. Once the appropriate vein is chosen, needle is inserted and required amount of blood is drawn. A cotton ball is given to hold against the puncture site to avoid further bleeding. This blood sample is sent to the laboratory for testing. It is a relatively painless procedure and one may only feel sharp pinch when needle is inserted into the vein. The procedure lasts only for several minutes after which patients can immediately resume their routine activities.
- Serum Creatinine Test: When muscle tissue is broken down, creatinine is produced. One of the functions of kidney is to filter creatinine from the blood. Serum Creatinine Test checks for presence of creatinine in the blood. If high levels of creatinine is detected in blood sample, then there are increased chances of patient suffering from kidney disease. Normal parameters for amount of creatinine in blood for women is 0.5 to 1.1mg/dL and that for men is 0.6 to 1.4 mg/dL. Serum Creatinine test is also a blood test and the procedure is similar to that of BUN test.
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR): This test predicts how well kidneys are functioning by checking on parameters like age, gender, height, weight, tests results and race. If the test reveals any level less than 60 mL/min/1.73m2, it should be considered as a sign of kidney malfunctioning.
Doctor may use a combination of above mentioned tests for precise results.
Early diagnosis of kidney disorder reduces chances of heart diseases, enhances success rate of treatment and reduces pain and turmoil associated with it. Hence, it is important that one consults doctor immediately if symptoms of kidney malfunctioning continue for more than a week.