Testosterone Test Price in India
A testosterone test helps the doctor derive amount of testosterone in a person's blood, for comparing it to the prescribed levels. Medication and dietary recommendations are needed if there is any difference between resultant testosterone level and the prescribed level. Low testosterone levels termed as hypogonadism also prompt your doctor to order you about getting this test done. Also, pubic changes in males which happen too early or too late-either cases necessitates a testosterone test. On the other hand, females who've developed a manly voice and too much of body hair and girls face a condition called amenorrhea, i.e. no menstrual cycles a testosterone test comes into the picture.
Several diagnostic centers and medical units these days offer facility of testosterone test across their locations in different Indian cities. The list mentioned ahead contains Testosterone test rates available in India. This list will help you to locate the centers offering Testosterone tests nearest to you.
Testosterone Test Cost in Top 7 Cities
- Delhi Testosterone Test Prices
- Mumbai Testosterone Test Prices
- Kolkata Testosterone Test Prices
- Chennai Testosterone Test Prices
- Pune Testosterone Test Prices
- Hyderabad Testosterone Test Prices
- Bengaluru Testosterone Test Prices
Testosterone is a sex hormone present in men which mainly is responsible for sperm production, bone mass, producing red blood cells etc. This sex hormone plays a very important role in women's health as well. Deficiency of the same in men causes infertility. This hormone grants men with the male sexual characteristics such as muscular and physical strength, body hair etc. This hormone also has a function in puberty and fertility in women. The examination for checking testosterone levels is also referred to as serum testosterone test.
During testosterone test, blood is collected mainly from vein and the inside of the elbow or the back of the hand as is standard medical practice. The area of the skin from where blood is removed is cleaned with antiseptic solution for wrapping an elastic band to exert pressure over the region. The vein swells and as a result it becomes easy to collect blood with minimum discomfort to the patient.
The technician or doctor then inserts a needle into the decided vein for collecting blood in a tube. After this, the elastic band is removed from the arm. The region from where the blood was drawn is covered with a cotton swab to prevent blood from oozing out.
Few points to be kept in mind before going in for the Testosterone test:
- Medications - Make sure to discuss medications you are on, before taking the test or deciding the date for your test with your doctor.
- Time - The doctor may ask you to visit the clinic for testosterone testing in the morning as the levels of this hormone are highest at that time.
- Repeat testing - Your doctor may ask you to go in for repeat testosterone examination for being able to track alterations in hormones in an entire day.
You have low testosterone and hence, are eligible for undergoing a testosterone test if the following conditions are present:
- Shifts in moods - Women and men having low testosterone levels are bound to experience mood swings, depression, lack of concentration, mood shifts etc.
- Osteoporosis - Testosterone is helpful in producing and also having healthy bones. Men suffering from lower levels of testosterone are likely to get fractures at the slightest fall. Whereas, women having low sex hormones are susceptible to suffer from osteoporosis wherein bone mass becomes weaker.
- Hair loss - Loss of facial and body hair are signs in men of lower testosterone levels.
- Shift in energy levels - There is lack of an energetic attitude and a feeling of tiredness all times in people having lower levels of testosterone.
- High cholesterol - Men having lower testosterone levels are bound to have an unhealthy ratio of High-density lipoprotein (HDL) and Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol .
- Lessened sex drive - A lower testosterone reduces libido and hence, causes sex drive to decrease.
- Visceral fat - Men having lower levels of this sex hormone are likelier to have excess fat deposits on their abdomen and midriff.
Normal range of testosterone levels in men is between 300 to 1,200 ng/dL, 30 to 95 ng/dL in women, less than 100 ng/dL in boys who haven't attained puberty, and less than 40 ng/dL in girls in the same category.
Alcoholism and diabetes are likely to show a low level of testosterone in men. Conversely, high levels of testosterone in men may spell tumors in testicles and other complications. Whereas, in women, high testosterone levels may mean tumors in ovaries and adrenal gland. It may also mean the lady has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Testing in any case then becomes important as it may indicate if the person is suffering from any sexual complication.
Thus testosterone testing becomes important from the point of view of a good health. Go ahead and select the correct diagnostic center.